As an agricultural and food company Tradelink International Corporation’s purpose is to feed the world responsibly. The whole food chain depends on an environment of clean water, soil, air and light. We are proud to maintain close relationships with many farmers worldwide, and are determined to help overcome these challenges by developing new agricultural models, protecting soil, empowering a new generation of farmers, and promoting animal welfare.
We believe that to be successful over the long-term we need to create value for our shareholders and for society as a whole. This means protecting the future by making the right choices in an environment where water is increasingly scarce, natural resources are constrained and biodiversity is declining.
- Save our waterways from pollution - Relieve water stressed environments by helping to preserve and restore ecosystems, wetlands and natural water cycles
- Promote better water management practices - As agriculture is responsible for 89% of our overall water footprint, the health and sustainability of our agricultural supply chain is a major focus
- Reduce chemical use across all principles of the food production cycle. We believe the biggest short-term goal is reduction policy changes in the mass conventional productions while at the same time promoting increased organic production.
- Promote farming methods which increase the yields in organic production without the need to use marginal, virgin lands to achieve these goals.
- Increase forestation while increasing production on existing arable lands and working against slash and burn practices of virgin forests,
- Reduce our carbon footprint through the most efficient transportation methods available, and developing local farming.
- Reduce our carbon footprint as a company via minimising travel, especially by private jets and cars. Use remote communications methods.
- Zero paper policy – Our team is conscious as to reducing paper consumption to do our part preventing logging of large forests, and avoiding the harvesting of multiple forest types.
- Studying new opportunities which global warming can give us to offset the negatives. For instance, increased yields in areas which were once too cold, bring crops that couldn’t grow there closer to the market and growing fresh produce where previously covered and energy hungry growing methods were used.
- Meaningful and accurate environmental information and dialogue based on scientific evidence about our products, activities and services at corporate, market and product brand level;
As the world’s population continues to grow, so too do the demands on the environment. A sustainable future requires investing in environmental sustainability. Here at Tradelink International Corporation, we know this and work, invest, teach and learn with passion. Our collective future depends on it.